Friday 4 April 2008

Qype Party Last night

This is a picture of me first thing in the morning, after only 1/2 cup of coffee and a croissant, here at the Social Media Cafe...

Last night was the Qype Party - I met up with Annie Mole, Rob (who was hosting the party), Mr Blue Sky, Lloyd and Darika, among others - all clutching our raffle tickets with undisguised excitement, as prizes ranging from the biggest Chupa Chup in the western hemisphere to posh chocolates were up for grabs.



I was incredibly chuffed to have my restaurant review selected as "London Review of the Day" on Qype's site yesterday, and I've just been Qik'ed around the croissant table (as it were), involving video phones and a chance to talk about this very blog, so hello, if you've come from Qik!
Around the croissants, I'm sitting with Judith, Robert and Gondul chatting about whether Stargate Atlantis is better than Stargate SG-1, or vice versa. This conversation stemmed from an email I received a week ago from a viewer - and it appears to be more complex than first thought - the general consensus is that post-O'Neill, Atlantis is better, but the discussion rages on...
_
Mac Pro update: My lovely new Mac is going to be suitably "pimped" after the chassis arrives at the depot on Monday - it's also been suggested that along with the indecent amount of ram and hard disk space, I actually add some serious bling in the form of big gold chains and Swarovski crystals around the optical drive, but that might be going a bit too far, what do you think?

See you on telly tomorrow evening! lots of love, LJ x

No comments: